Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A bit of sense... Or is it? Honda CR-Z


This is the new Honda CR-Z, now I was privileged to actually go threw the in's and out's at a motor show. The first thing a noticed was the styling. Now Honda say it was designed around a "one-motion-wedge". Thats not what I thought. I seemed to see an Audi face and Audi lights. The back was completely ugly and further more it seemed very similar to a Citreon C4. So basically the car was designed round other cars.

See what I mean.
Now this car must have a party peace except the fact that it is a Hybrid. Something cool that will make me happy, there was. The interior was amazing! The seats are fantastic except you wont get anyone into the back. The Speedometer was so cool with its 3D effects. It started to look up for the tiny car. When I say tiny I mean pea size.

The man told me that the Electric engine acts like a turbo to the petrol engine when you give it the beans. Sadly it just doesn't. 0-100km/h takes 10sec. 10! That is unbelievably slow. 

To sum it up. It costs R299 900.00 Which is steep. What I can't figure out is why Honda have wasted their money on this car because they have the Clarity. The Clarity is the first everyday Hydrogen Fuel Cell car that works. That is the future of every thing. Hybrids and Electric cars are not even going to make a big impact. The Clarity will.

If you are looking for a small car that makes sense to buy, one that is light on fuel and sexy in design. A car that won't take 10 sec to 100km/h. A car in the same price range as the CR-Z. Then get the Alfa Romeo MiTo.

Alfa Romeo MiTo

0 comments:

This site is. Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My Photo
CAR talk
All your automotive news. check frequently for updates
View my complete profile
Powered By Blogger